Sunday, March 21, 2010

La la Land?

So I was on my way to work at one of my 3 jobs and saying something about the policy of clocking in and late, and all the recent tightening of the policies since my short time being there... and my hubby said to me welcome to the real world. So my question is am I really so spoiled in the only other jobs I have had, that I am in Lala Land? I know I have had a rather privileged life as far as work has been concerned, I teach the one thing I have been passionate about since I was little Dance... who else can say they have such an ideal job? But am I so out of it and spoiled that when I have a job in which I have to go through the protocol of managers, and worry about being late or too many sick days as a job security issue it is a wake up call? Now I am not saying that there is anything bad in that... just that I am not accustomed to it. So I ask you, am I in Lala Land?

So with that being said... I am so much more grateful that I do have I job I adore, doing what I truly love. I am also so grateful I have a great job with benefits available to me for my families health sake, and I love the friends I have made there, and think of them as great friends. I am also so glad I work with my best friend, teaching young children. She has been like an older sister to me. I think that is one of greatest blessings of all, I could have the worst morning, even there at preschool, and one child will say or do something that just makes you smile, what other job guarantees a smile a day?

So no goal here today, just a little thoughtful blogging, and realizing how grateful I am for the great jobs I have... even if I gripe about them on occassion.

Day 25... Grateful for jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment