Monday, August 16, 2010

Ever feel like there is too much to get done?

I DO! I think I feel overwhelmed everyday by the amount of things I need to get accomplished. There is kids homework to supervise, work, cleaning, finishing up house projects so we live in a nice home. Laundry, cook dinner, sort papers, pay bills, and then there is all that creative stuff that you feel a pull to accomplish, but it seems secondary to everything else so it gets pushed aside.

With this being how I felt when I awoke today (and after a bad day at work yesterday where I came home and cried in bed and slept for a couple hours) and then finding I am not needed this morning because of low enrollment, I decided I needed to be better at time management, (this term came from my son's new VP after he refused to listen to me, who knows her son much better than he does... can you tell I am still upset about this?) I need to plan to accomplish the important things first, i.e. make appointments, make phone calls, get the scheduling done first so that I can feel I have accomplished something and so I can then plan my schedules around those.

Second I need to prioritize cleaning and remodeling schedules. Yes I need to remodel the kitchen, but that is not going to happen before it needs to be cleaned, no matter how much I wish it would. Also no matter how much I want to move downstairs it won't happen until other rooms can be completed, so I need to make my room pleasant to live in.

I can't quit work (although there are days I would like to) so I need to plan around it. I can't just figure my day gets interrupted by my job so there is no point trying to get something done, I need to plan to accomplish something I can do in the time frame I have around my jobs.

I also need to make it a priority to exercise. It needs to be on my schedule so I fill the need to accomplish it, just wanting it is not going to make the fat sticking to my body disappear.

And finally, I need to set aside a time, at least weekly to release my creativity. If it works to accomplish finishing a room in my house that is fine, but until then I can create simple projects to fulfill that desire.

So this is BIG advice to myself, and I am not good at taking advice, I am really stubborn and hate to feel like someone knows better than me, but I need to make this change so I can be happier with myself. (hopefully I can take my own advice... I feel like Alice in Wonderland "I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it")I had a great day on Friday, I was happy, my hubby came home and was happy with me. I need to make that and everyday thing, not just an occasional thing, who would want to be married to that, never knowing whether she was nice or not?

Also this means I need to cut down drastically on my obsession... the internet. I LOVE this invention! I love connecting with distant friends, I love reading up on their blogs and comparing how we feel, I love that my kids can get their homework done on this, I love playing my nerdy games on here, I love learning how to do something new on here, however I need to cut my time spend on it drastically, so I am going to try to schedule time for this as well...

Day 57... scheduling issues

(If you read through this whole thing, you must really love me... or have no life like I do! either way thanks)

2 comments:

  1. Alli love you, and have no real life outside of kids. I know that I havent been around much since I got pregnant with Attaline. You know that if you need to talk or go out you can call......

    ReplyDelete