Friday, March 25, 2011

Why me?

So after posting my "plan" and how overwhelmed I have been, a couple things I tried to face burst my bubble. 1) I was counting on qualifying for Medicaid, or at least CHIP (government sponsored healthcare) SO I could quit my insurance job making time for school. Well we don't qualify, because while I DON'T count the kids SS Survivor benefits for taxes, bank loans, grants, etc. Apparently it counts when applying for government health care help. So we make too much to qualify, and because I have a job that offers benefits, I can't qualify for CHIP for the kids, and if I quit so I can qualify, they will suspend me from applying to the program.

So I was counting on the government helping with that so when I go to school, I didn't have to worrying about working for benefits, and paying for them. So because of this my first choice of schools I was accepted to is too expensive being a private school. I liked this school because it was closer, smaller classes, I could finish quicker, they accepted more of my extra transfer classes than other schools, and they guaranteed job placement after I graduated.So I am going to apply to one more school and see if I can get in and whether or not I qualify.

I am just frustrated because I feel I am back to taking 2 steps forward and 3 back. I can't quit my benefits job now because we need those for our family, and I can't afford a cobra. The only hope is that IF I do quit I can apply for UPP a government program that helps cover a COBRA if I qualify for one. But if I quit and don't qualify, I am back to square one with no insurance. So here I go back to square one in some things... still overwhelmed in everything else...

And to top it off it has been a rather difficult few weeks. There is something in the air that has just set ALL of us off much quicker.

Day 104... What next?

No comments:

Post a Comment