Friday, May 21, 2010

Grouchy...

So when did it get to where I am expected to be smiling and pleasant at every waking moment while I am at home? If I have had a long tiring day do I really have to smile? I swear it is still the new millenium and the early edition Good Housekeeping Mags are a way of the past (i.e. freshen your make-up for your hubby, make sure kids are clean, have dinner waiting for him rub his feet right away, etc.) Why is he allowed to be grouchy after a long day of work, and I am expected to be happy and smile while I do the dishes at 10:00 at night that the kids neglected to do. Why should I have to show a false emotion on my face in the comfort of my own home... If I am feeling grouchy and tired where does he expect me to show it, hidden in the bathroom? I love you honey but if you expect me to be the perky happy teenage girl you feel in love with 15 plus years ago, you are SHIT out of luck! We are married I work my ass off we have 4 tiring kids, and if at the end of the day I want to frown while doing their dishes so be it... if you have a problem with that then I expect the same. No telling me you don't want to talk about your long day, no being short with me because you are tired and I expect a smile on your face the whole time I am explaining why I had a long day.

Day 38... :(

2 comments:

  1. Ah man! I totally hear ya on that. I had the same kina night last night when i got home. i feel like i deal with kids ALL THE TIME! I'm sorry! Hope you have a better day:)

    ReplyDelete